CAMPUS MARKETING INTERN - Paid Internship
Wheelz is no ordinary company – neither are our Campus Marketing Interns.
Can you imagine a world with a smarter approach to owning a car, a world with less congestion, less air pollution and more time to do things you love (rather than sitting in traffic)? So can we.
We are looking for the innovators, the dreamers and the people that make great things happen to join our Marketing Dream Team. Be prepared to offer real ideas, answer real questions and have a real impact on Wheelz and our marketing strategy for peer-to-peer car sharing. Be prepared to dive right into the workings of a rapidly growing startup, learn more than you can imagine, and have a crazy good time doing it.
If you’re smart (and we mean more than a perfect GPA), passionate and love to play as hard as you work — keep reading.
If you live and breathe campus life, have a true sense of the pulse of your university, have an awesome Rolodex and are just a little bit crazy (seriously) — we need to talk.
What You Will Do:
- Generate buzz and excitement about Wheelz on your campus
- Recruit Wheelz car owners and grow the entire user base
- Plan and execute promotions and events
- Run social media and email marketing campaigns
- Work collaboratively with HQ marketing and operations teams
- Leave a legacy on your campus
- Dedicate 5-10 hours a week to the role
What You Will Learn:
- Digital and physical marketing techniques - we will train you in the various types of marketing tactics and how world-class companies use these to their advantage.
- Project management - you will learn how to manage multiple Wheelz events and promotions without wasting your time through leading-edge project management tools.
- Community management - learn how to turn Wheelz users into advocates on campus. Learn through examples from companies like Airbnb, Zappos and more.
- Web and physical design - learn the basics of design from our stellar lead designer, John Intrater.
- Launching your own company - Wheelz will show you how to take these skills and apply them towards starting a venture of your own.
- Access to the Wheelz HQ in SF and one-on-one time with key executives
- Exclusive Wheelz parties for you and your friends
- 10 Hours of Free Driving Each Month on Wheelz cars! Get where you need to go when you want in any vehicle.
- Be Famous! Wheelz is frequently on the news and we want you to be the face of Wheelz on campus!
- Cash Compensation
- Priority Interviews for Jobs after School
Wheelz (www.wheelz.com) is a venture-backed startup that is redefining the rules of mobility by introducing a better approach to personal transportation and car ownership. Wheelz recently raised its Series A investment led by Zipcar.
Our peer-to-peer car renting platform connects students that own cars to students that want access to a car. Car owners make extra cash each month by renting out their Wheelz by the hour or by the day, and the entire university community benefits from an alternative, sustainable transportation solution. Strategic partnerships and our innovative technology solution ensure the Wheelz experience is safe, easy and hassle-free.
Cars are the second largest personal asset class on the American balance sheet—but they are chronically under-utilized. Most vehicles are parked 23 of 24 hours each day (seriously!) and they begin losing value the minute they are purchased. The current model of car ownership is ripe for disruption. That’s where Wheelz comes in.
We’re building a more efficient model of car ownership, a model that’s much better for the planet—and the pocketbook. Join Us.
Your resume and a cover letter that answers:
(i) What do you like best about Wheelz?
(ii) Why are you the perfect fit for this role?
Email to: Joanna@wheelz.com